Suggestions

- Making Suggestions.
- Let's, Why don't we ?, What / How about ? Do you fancy ?
- Accepting Suggestions.
- OK, great. That's a good idea.
- Refusing Suggestions.
- Sorry, I can't. I'm afraid I can't.


UsageExamples
When suggesting something, we say

  Shall we V1 ...?
  Why don't we V1 ...?
  Let's V1 ...


Shall we play computer games?
Why don't we play computer games?
Let's play computer games.
We can also say

  What about Ving ...?
  How about Ving ...?
  Do you fancy Ving ...?


What about playing computer games?
How about playing computer games?
Do you fancy playing computer games?
We may also say

  We could V1 ... .
  You could V1 ... .


Well, we could play computer games.
Well, you could play computer games
 When accepting suggestions, we say 

  OK, great  /  That's great  /  It sounds great. 

  Yes, let's V1 ...

  That's a good idea.

- What about playing computer games tonight?
- OK, great  /  That's great  /  It sounds great.
- Shall we play computer games?
- Yes, let's play computer.
- Why don't we play computer games?
- That's a good idea.
When refusing suggestions, we say

   It sounds boring.

   Sorry, I can't V1 ...  /  I'm afraid, I can't V1 ...

   I'd rather V1

- What about playing computer games tonight?
-  It sounds boring.
- Shall we play computer games?
- Sorry, I can't.  / I'm afraid, I can't.
- Why don't we play computer games?
- I'd rather go out tonight.

Tags: , , ,

About author

Anadolu Liseleri 9. sınıf müfredatına göre hazırlanmış sitemizde ünitelerde öğreneceğiniz yapıları ve yeni kelimeleri burada tekrar edebilirsiniz.