TO BE

- Elementary Level
- The Present Tense of Verb "to be"
- am, is, are
-Affirmative Statements, Negative Statements
-Questions and Short Answers


THE PRESENT TENSE OF THE VERB ‘’TO BE’’
 
AFFIRMATIVE STATEMENTS (Singular)
AFFIRMATIVE STATEMENTS (Plural)
SUBJECT
BE

SUJECT
BE

I
am
a teacher
in Istanbul
happy
sad
We
You
They

are
cowboys.
angry.
in Texas.
You
are
He
She
is
It
is
an ashtray

NEGATIVE STATEMENTS (Singular)
NEGATIVE STATEMENTS (Plural)

SUBJECT
BE+NOT

SUBJECT
BE+NOT


I
am not
a singer
in London
old
upset
We
You
They
are not
workers.
happy.
in Mexico.

You
are not

He
She
is not


It
is not
an ashtray


CONTRACTIONS (affirmative)
CONTRACTIONS (Negative)
I am
I’m
I am not
---------------
(I’m not)
You are
You’re
You are not
You aren’t
(You’re not)
He is
He’s
He is not
He isn’t
(He’s not)
She is
She’s
She is not
She isn’t
(She’s not)
It is
It’s
It is not
It isn’t
(It’s not)
We are
We’re
We are not
We aren’t
(We’re not)
You are
You’re
You are not
You aren’t
(you’re not)
They are
They’re
They are not
They aren’t
(They’re not)


YES/NO QUESTIONS (Singular)
YES/NO QUESTIONS (Plural)
BE
SUBJECT

BE
SUBJECT

Am
I
from Italy?
Are
we
you
they
from Italy?
Are
you
Is
he
she
it


SHORT ANSWERS (Singular)
SHORT ANSWERS (Plural)
POSITIVE



POSITIVE


I
am
are

is
Yes ,
we
you
they

are
Yes ,
you



He
she
it
SHORT ANSWERS (Singular)
SHORT ANSWERS (Plural)
NEGATIVE
NEGATIVE
No ,
I’m not ( I am not )
you’re not (you aren’t)
he’s not ( he isn’t )
she’s not ( she isn’t )
it’s not  (it’s not)
No ,
we’re not(we aren’t)
you’re not(you aren’t)
they’re not(they aren’t)


Tags: ,

About author

Anadolu Liseleri 9. sınıf müfredatına göre hazırlanmış sitemizde ünitelerde öğreneceğiniz yapıları ve yeni kelimeleri burada tekrar edebilirsiniz.