GIVING DIRECTIONS

- Elementary Level
- Giving Directions
- Commonly used questions
- Online player
- Read, Listen, Watch and Practise


GIVING DIRECTIONS

Commonly used questions:

-       Excuse me, where is the post office, please?
-       Excuse me, is there a post office near here?

-       Excuse me, can you tell me the way to the post office, please?
-       Excuse me, how can I get to the post office, please?

-       Excuse me, can you direct me to the post office, please?

Commonly used expressions:





The post office is
on the right.
on the left.
on your right/on your left.
next to the cinema.
between the cinema and the park.
opposite the park.
at the end of the street.
at the corner.
the second building on the left.












-       Go straight ahead/Go straight on.
-       Turn right/Turn left.
-       Go down the Fatih street/ Go up the Fatih street.
-       Walk down the Fatih street/Walk up the Fatih street.

-       Cross the Fatih street.
-       Walk along the Fatih street/walk along this street.
-       Keep going this street.
-       Walk to the traffic lights.

-       Turn right at the end of the street.
-       Turn left at the crossroads.
-       Take the first turning on the right.

-       Take the second turning on the left.
-       Walk past the post office.
-       Turn right by the post office.



Tags: ,

About author

Anadolu Liseleri 9. sınıf müfredatına göre hazırlanmış sitemizde ünitelerde öğreneceğiniz yapıları ve yeni kelimeleri burada tekrar edebilirsiniz.